11.12.2014

Inspiration: It's Abandoned

Hello, lords and ladies!

First; my apologies for being so inactive lately. My camera is starting to break - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This makes keeping a style related blog rather hard, as I don't have a reliable way to get decent pictures. The other thing is that even if my camera worked properly, it's so dark in Finland right now, that it's hard to get good pictures anyway. The darkness always makes me uninspired to dress up. Some people cheer the Winter up by dressing in pastels, and how I envy them! I have my share of pastels in my closets, but I don't feel like wearing them during Winter (even though it might cheer me up, too).

But, speaking of uninspired, I just found this most amazing Instagram account itsabandoned. It hosts lots of heart breakingly beautiful pictures from abandoned places around the world. Here are some of my favorites. Some of the pictures are incredibly calm, serene and even enviting...


...while others are sorrowful and haunting. 


Some of the places should never have been abandoned in the first place, like this pretty little chateau in France. It makes me so sad that this kind of place is left to ruin, and yet, it still is so beautiful even now.


There was even one picture from Finland!


These pictures are just a few of my favorites. It was really hard to leave anything out, because almost every picture there is so beautiful. *-*


These pictures are truly inspiring to me. They make me want to travel even more. I'd love to go to at least some of these places!


What do you, my dear readers, think of abandoned places? Are there any near you? Do you think you want to visit them, or just avoid them at all costs? 

All of the pictures are from itsabandoned.

7 kommenttia:

  1. One of my biggest dreams is traveling the world, especially the abandoned, beautiful places like these! Thank you for sharing this Instagram account, it's divine.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Traveling the world as much as I can is one of my biggest dreams, too - traveling is my passion, both as a hobby and as a career.

      You're welcome! I knew you'd like this, it is so you (and so me, as well)! <3

      Poista
  2. The problems with little chateaus like the one you posted, is that usually the families cannot take care of them anymore, and abandon them. And when you try to repair one of them it turns into a huge money pit. But it's very pretty I'd really love to buy one one day if I'm rich enough ^^

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I know it must be because of that, why else would anyone want to abandon such a place? Still, I think it's sad that there is no financial support available to maintain that kind of lovely places, I'm sure that little chateau holds much history in it. ;_;

      Poista
  3. I like seeing abandoned places, I like to think they are peaceful and haunted. That little Finnish house looks like a great once in a while retreat (secretly hopes for Moomins to be living nearby)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. It may look great, but believe me, it's not. My family has a tiny island on a lake and there is this tiny cottage there, of course it's not abandoned (yet), but I don't like to be there, anymore. Of course it was more fun when I was a little girl. Now it just gets boring. XD So yep, little cottages like that look romantic but it's not that nice to spend any extended period of time there...

      Poista