28.11.2014

I DO!

Hello, my lords and ladies!

I don't usually talk about very dramatic topics here - I try to keep this blog light and cheerful. Today, however, I had the honour of being a part of something so great, so important, so historical that I wanted to share this with you.

Today the Finnish Parliament approved the equal marriage bill. I don't usually go to demonstrations, but I think this matter is so important that I simply had to go. And I'm glad I did, because the athmosphere and the energy were incredible! I can't even describe the feeling when we heard that they had approved it by 105-92! But I might say that I did have some tears in my eyes and I managed to shout and sing my throat sore. :')

I didn't take my camera with me, so I don't have any pictures of the demonstration. But here are the banners we did yesterday. (The ones in Finnish say "Human rights are not a matter of opinion" and "Freedom, gayness and equality".)




Edit: I forgot that Tiia took this photo of me at the demonstration! Thank you, dear. :3

 

2 kommenttia: