22.12.2011

Lady of the Seven Seas

Hi again! One reader once asked me to post more of my paintings in my blog, and now I'm starting to think, why not? After all inspiration is so very important for me, both with painting and with lolita - so to me painting and lolita fashion are not that different hobbies at all. :D (And to be honest this blog hasn't been purely a lolita blog for a long time, considering how much I write about history and books too, for example.)

So here you go, the finished "Lady of the Seven Seas". Self-centered, spoiled and pampered, she is the most beautiful creature under the sea - and she knows it.

My favorite details in this painting are those little fishes. They are hiding behind her fins because they look like seaweed.

And one of them is curiosly looking into her mirror, too.

I have to confess that I do like this painting very much - though I almost destroyed it by accidentally dropping a brush with purple on top of it! One little fish died in the accident, as I had to paint some corals on top of it to cover the purple spot. May the poor fish rest in peace. :'D

5 kommenttia:

  1. Minä tykkään siitä miltä koralli näyttää, ja tasanne jolla neito lepää on upeasti varjostettu. Pidän väristä joten tämä on minun makuuni :)
    Hyvää joulua gorgeous!

    -Neiti X-

    VastaaPoista
  2. Onnistut tekemään ihanan pikkutarkkaa työtä vesiväreillä ja kuvan värit ovat kivassa harmoniassa keskenään. Erityisesti taustasta pidän tässä paljon. Itse merenneidossa on mielestäni turhan paljon mittasuhde virheitä joihin kannattaisi ehkä jatkossa kiinnittää tarkempaa huomiota.

    Toivottavasti pieni kritiikki ei haittaa, tarkoitus on kumminkin kannustaa kehittämään kuin latistaa.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Neiti X: Kiitos kovasti! Hyvät joulut sinullekin! <3

    Anonyymi: Kiitos palautteesta! Olen jossain määrin tietoinen tekemistäni mittasuhdevirheistä, mutta kun en pyri realistiseen jälkeen muutenkaan, en anna niiden häiritä itseäni (maalaan joka tapauksessa lähinnä omaksi ilokseni, eli riittää, että tykkään itse maalauksesta). :)

    VastaaPoista
  4. Ihana kuva :)
    OLet tosi taitava!!

    VastaaPoista