14.6.2011

30 Days Lolita Meme - Day 1

I found this lolita meme, and thought “why not do it?”, so here I go. I’m not sure if I can or even want to keep it up on daily basis, but I’ll do it on my own rhythm anyway (which means that I might do several days in one post, too)! Rules are that anyone who wants to join the challenge is free to do so. Have fun, I know I will have! ;) For my Finnish readers: Sorry, but I’ll be doing this in English only, because I know that you understand English so very well. ♥

Day 1 – 10 things about your lolita bubble.

1. My lolita bubble often includes music. I’ve found out that when I have my mp3 player in sight, people are not so eager to come and ask me difficult questions – such as “But isn’t Lolita that book where the little girl seduces old men?” Really, I almost hate the name of this style – it’s ever so embarrassing to say “Yes, I wear lolita clothes” to strangers!
2. My lolita bubble also includes good friends! When I’m alone in lolita, I feel a little unsecure. When I’m with friends, it’s so much easier! Isn’t it nice to know that you are not the only one who’s “weird” and being stared at?
3. My lolita bubble includes books, too. Books are a great alternative to music! When reading book, I know I will look busy to other people, and so they’ll maybe let me be in peace. Books are funny things, because when I’m reading certain books (Kamikaze Girls by Novala Takemoto, Little Princess by F.H. Burnett), I feel so completely, utterly, inside out lolita – even, if I wasn’t wearing lolita at all. Which leads me to…
4. … the conclusion, that for me and in my lolita bubble, lolita is a state of mind, too – not only clothes.
5. As cute it would be to say “My lolita bubble also includes me sitting home alone in lolita and drinking tea with my dolls”, I can’t say so, because that isn’t the truth. The truth is, my lolita bubble actually does include me sitting home alone wearing lolita, drinking tea and – yes! – spending some time with my laptop! My laptop is named Fred, by the way, and he is just the perfect companion to have some tea with. Oh, sadly that might sound like I didn’t have any life at all… but I do, really.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti